Wayzata’s First Female Firefighter Announces Bid for City Council
Wayzata’s first female firefighter and experienced business professional Johanna McCarthy recently announced her candidacy for the Wayzata City Council.
According to the Sun Sailor, McCarthy moved to Wayzata with her husband in 1997 and soon joined the city’s fire department as the first female firefighter, spending 5 years with the department before the birth of her first son.
McCarthy is running on her experience as a business professional. She has experience with project management, financial analysis and public relations, according to the newspaper.
To learn more about McCarthy, check out her campaign page on Facebook.
- Community Spotlight: Wayzata Women’s Chorus
- CoV Wayzata Now Open on the Lake
- Wayzata Financial Advisor Makes ‘Top 100 List’
- Where’s the Beef? At Gianni’s Steakhouse
- Wayzata Volunteer Coordinator Receives Good Neighbor Award
This local update courtesy of your Wayzata Community Expert.