Wayzata Hotel, Condo Plans Move Forward
Plans for a hotel and condo on Lake Minnetonka in Wayzata just got a little closer to reality this month as the Wayzata Planning Commission moved to recommend the project to the city council.
According to the Sun Sailor, if approved the project would bring a hotel back to the shores of Lake Minnetonka after more than 50 years.
The project is part of the Promenade of Wayzata development, which is the largest development project in the city’s history, the newspaper said. It was approved back in 2008 and one of the conditions was that the developer would work on the design of each block and bring it to the council for approval. This phase of the project focuses on the east block.
According to the newspaper, the east block will feature an 89-room boutique hotel, restaurant, spa and 14,000 square feet of retail space.
- Wayzata High Students Receive ‘Women in Computing’ Awards
- Wayzata High School Takes Home 80 Scholastic Art Awards
- Wayzata Central Middle School Takes 3rd In Regional Science Bowl
- Wayzata Eateries Make Vita.mn Restaurant Guide
- Wayzata Teacher Gets Picked for Special Award
This local update courtesy of your Wayzata Community Expert.