Wayzata High School Students Move on to State DECA Competition
After almost 120 Wayzata students participated in the district DECA competition, nearly 80 of them are moving on to compete in the state contest.
According to the Sun Sailor, 11 first-place students, 13 second-place students, four third-place students and 51 additional finalists from Wayzata High School will participate in the state DECA conference March 19-21, 2017.
The top 12 teams from state will then move on to the international competition, which is April 26-29 in Anaheim, CA.
DECA, a 70-year-old nonprofit student organization and after-school club, aims to instill leadership skills, promote community service and prepare students for careers in marketing, finance, hospitality, management and entrepreneurship, the article said.
- Busy Intersection in Downtown Wayzata to Get Overhaul
- New Elementary School Recommended for Wayzata by Task Force
- Wayzata School Board Member Linda Cohen Earns State Award
- Another Three Wayzata High School Students Earn Perfect ACT Scores
- Wayzata School District Forms Taskforce to Address Student Growth
This local update courtesy of your Wayzata Community Expert.