Wayzata High School Graduate Named Gates Cambridge Scholar
A Wayzata High School graduate has been named a 2017 Gates Cambridge Scholar.
According to the Sun Sailor, Nicholas Ahamed is one of just 36 students nationwide to earn the scholarship to attend University of Cambridge in England.
Ahamed currently attends St. John’s University and is set to graduate with a bachelor’s degree in political science and minor in statistics.
The prestigious postgraduate scholarship program, which fully funds study and research in any subject at the University of Cambridge, was established through a $210 million donation to the University of Cambridge from the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation in 2000, the article said.
- Wayzata Principal Earns Leadership Award
- Bellecour to Open in Wayzata March 15
- Council Approves Concept Plan, Zoning Change for Wayzata Blu Project
- Wayzata High School Students Move on to State DECA Competition
- Busy Intersection in Downtown Wayzata to Get Overhaul
This local update courtesy of your Wayzata Community Expert.