Anchor Bank Recognized by Wayzata City Council
Anchor Bank, which got its start 50 years ago in Wayzata, was recognized by the city’s council April 18.
According to the Sun Sailor, the city honored the bank and its CEO Carl Jones with a proclamation during the council’s regular meeting.
On April 13, 1967, when Anchor Bank first opened, it had about four employees and $1.7 million in assets. Today, the bank manages more than $2 billion in assets, has 18 locations throughout the Twin Cities and Mankato, and has more than 300 employees, the article said.
- New Chocolate Shop Coming to Wayzata
- Wayzata Ranks in Top 20 on ‘Best High Schools’ in Minnesota List
- Wayzata High Students Receive 76 Scholastic Art Awards
- Wayzata High School Senior Earns Eagle Scout Scholarship
- Wayzata Invites People to Help Plant Trees, Flowers on Earth Day
This local update courtesy of your Wayzata Community Expert.