Cool City Band Set to Perform at ‘The Art of Jazz’
Beginning at noon on Saturday, August 16, the Hendricks County Arts Council is hosting a free outdoor concert open to everyone. A number of family friendly activities are going on all day with a Cool City Band performance at 6:30 p.m.
“The perfect music for any occasion. Cool City has one of the largest and diverse repretoire of any band in the region. Our song list is sure to please a wide range of musical tastes,” according to the Cool City website. They are playing at The Art of Jazz at the Avon Town Hall Park, located minutes away from Washington Township at 6570 Hwy 36.
Artisans from the community invite everyone to participate. According to the Hendricks County Arts website the following programs and resources are available:
- Hendricks County Arts Council will host glass paperweight making sessions with local glass artist Lisa Pelo and her crew of artists from Hot Blown Glass, Ltd. This event will run from 12 noon tip 6 p.m. Pre-Registration is required! The non-refundable fee is $25 per person and only five openings per hour available.
- “Spin-A-Pot” with Jeremy South 12 noon till 3pm, cost is $15 per person and payable to the artist directly. All ages welcome!
- Art on Main will be providing a “Make & Take” FREE art project from 12-6pm for all ages!
- Local arts organizations like the Hendricks Civic Theatre, Hendricks Symphonic Society -(Instrument Petting Zoo!), The Biz and more will be on hand to share information on their programs.
- The Biz will perform at 1PM and again at 3PM on the back stage of the Avon Town Hall in the Park.
- The Indianapolis Symphonic Orchestra will also be performing prior to Cool City Band taking the stage at 6:30 p.m.
Black Swan Brewpub is providing beer and wine for sale and Garcia Catering will have food and beverages as well.