Waconia’s “Valiant Vito” Inspires Huge Christmas Card Campaign
Victor “Vito” Skaro—who’s also now known as “Valiant Vito” to the Internet—has inspired people across the country at just 15 months old.
According to ValleyNewsLive, Vito has been fighting brain cancer and his story that went viral a few weeks ago prompted the Skaro family to receive a huge number of Christmas cards and gifts as tokens of support.
“We got mail, we got lots of mail,” Nicole Skaro, Vito’s mother, reportedly said.”He’s such a strong soldier with a smile, that’s amazing, and his true desire to live – it’s something that touches everyone.”
The family just moved to Waconia a few years ago from Chicago, and put out a wish for Christmas cards earlier this month.
The family will find out this week if the chemotherapy treatments have shrunk Vito’s tumor.
- NerdWallet Study Names Waconia as No. 2 City for Young Families in MN
- Lady Wildcats Record 100 Points at Back-to-Back Basketball Games
- New Bowling Program Brings Kids Together
- Homeowner’s Quick Guide to Ice Dams
- Community Spotlight: Waconia’s Safari Island Community Center
This local update courtesy of your Waconia Community Expert.