Waconia’s Annual Scarecrow Contest, Tour Runs Oct. 13-23
The Waconia Chamber of Commerce’s annual Scarecrow Contest and Tour will kick off on Oct. 13 and run through Oct. 23.
According to the chamber’s website, the contest is open to any member business and encourages those businesses to strive to create the most original, creative and well-crafted scarecrow display in town. Then locals get to tour the displays and vote on their favorites.
And there are prizes at stake for everyone. Businesses get a chance to win a grand prize of $100 or a People’s Choice prize of $50 in Waconia Bucks. For voters, after turning in their ballots, they’ll be entered to win a free night at the AmericInn of Waconia.
- Waconia Woman to Compete for Team USA at World Karate Championships
- Everson’s Hardware in Waconia Celebrates 50 Years
- DMA Dentristry Breaks Ground on New Office Location
- Waconia Resident Volunteers to Help Olympians, Hone His Craft
- Waconia Couple Provides Summer Vacation for Three Children in Need
This local update courtesy of your Waconia Community Expert.