Waconia Winery Takes Home Honors from California Competition
Waconia-based The Winery at Sovereign Estate took home several awards from the San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition.
According to a press release, the vineyard captured honors in six different categories including Double Gold awards for the 2016 Marquette, 2015 Reserve Marquette and 2015 La Crescen, Gold honors for the 2016 Reserve Marquette, Silver honors for the 2016 La Crescent, and a Bronze award for the 2016 Reserve Frontenac Blanc.
“I am honored that we were recognized by this prestigious competition,” Ben Banks, Wine Maker at Sovereign Estate, said in a release. “What is also exciting is that we are just in our 8th year and we are progressing every year. I believe that this is only a sign of things to come”
Learn more about the vineyard and winery by visiting sovereignestatewine.com.
- 3 Waconia Educators Up for 2018 Minnesota Teacher of the Year Award
- Waconia High School Weight and Conditioning Room Draws Rave Reviews
- Waconia Ride-In Vintage Snowmobile Event Set for Jan. 26-28
- Heritage and Culture Class at Waconia High Brings Kids to the Farm
- After Days of Drama, Good Samaritans Save Trapped Kitten in Waconia Sewer
This local update courtesy of your Waconia Community Expert.