Waconia Winery Goes Solar
The roof of Waconia’s Sovereign Estates winery has a new look.
According to the Sun Patriot, owners Paul and Terri Savaryn just flipped the switch on their newly installed solar panels, which are now fueling the building their business operates in.
Not only will the panels help the environment, but the Savaryns are also reaping some financial benefits.
“There are so many financial advantages to doing it to,” Terri Savaryn said. “There’s rebates available that make it more affordable. The payback is a little longer, but we’re in this for the long haul anyways. We’re creating a legacy here for our children.”
To celebrate their new roof feature, Sovereign Estates will be hosting a series of six concerts this summer, which will also be entirely run on their solar panels, according to the article.
Tickets start at $25, and are available online.
- J. Carver Distillery Releases Three New Spirits
- Waconia Man Spoke to United Nations on April 2
- Prehistoric Artifacts Discovered at Lake Waconia Regional Park
- 3rd Annual ‘Don’t Worry Be Hoppy 5K’ Set for April 8
- Mackenthun’s Recognized by State House for 100 Years of Service
This local update courtesy of your Waconia Community Expert.