Waconia WeCAB Community Meeting Set for Jan. 4
Waconia is hoping to bring a ride service, WeCAB, to town. And to gain support and kick off the initiative, a community meeting is set for 3:30 p.m. Jan. 4 in the City Council Chambers at City Hall.
According to the city’s website, WeCAB provides safe, affordable, and flexible supplemental transportation to those in Carver County’s service areas who are unable to drive to medical appointments, grocery stores, food shelves, worship services, volunteer opportunities, and social events. Rides are reportedly available seven days a week and can be requested at least 24 hours in advance between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m.
Since this is new to Waconia, the program needs support from the community to make it all happen. WeCAB is all volunteer run, and a minimum number of volunteers is needed to bring it to the city.
For more information on the WeCAB and the meeting, click here.
- Waconia Ride-In Vintage Snowmobile Event Set for Jan. 26-28
- Heritage and Culture Class at Waconia High Brings Kids to the Farm
- After Days of Drama, Good Samaritans Save Trapped Kitten in Waconia Sewer
- Waconia Schools Anti-Bullying Club Collects Food for Those in Need
- Waconia’s Ridgeview Emergency Room to Get Renovation, New Name
This local update courtesy of your Waconia Community Expert.