Waconia Volunteers Makes Sandwiches for Homeless
The spirit of giving was alive in Waconia last month as residents at Lighthouse of Waconia and volunteers from Freshwater Church came together to make nearly sandwiches for homeless folks in the Twin Cities.
According to the Sun Patriot, the volunteers put together nearly 4,000 sandwiches in all. The sandwiches were then distributed throughout the Twin Cities by the 363 Days organization.
“I think any time that we can get people together for a common cause, anything we can do to help other people — even if it does not directly affect our community for the homeless, it directly affects our greater community,” Vince Beckel, Lighthouse of Waconia director, said.
- Waconia Business Makes List of Fastest-Growing Companies in America
- Iron Tap: The Newest Addition to Waconia’s Growing Beer Scene
- Waconia Brewing’s WacTown Wheat Featured by Pioneer Press
- Waconia Middle Schoolers Raise Over $15K for Cancer Research
- Waconia Makes the Hasbro’s Next Edition of Monopoly
This local update courtesy of your Waconia Community Expert.