Waconia Students and Teachers Take ‘The Plunge’
Students, teachers and staff members in the Waconia Public Schools district took an ice bath last weekend for a good cause.
According to the Sun Patriot, a total of 30 staff members and a team of students from Clearwater Middle School participated in the Polar Plunge to benefit Special Olympics MN March 7 at Lake Calhoun in Minneapolis.
The district was able to raise $12,000 to support the effort. Watch a video of the icy swim here.
- Bayview Elementry Students Collect Food Items for 100th Day Challenge
- Waconia Jazz Program Hosts Sold-Out Dinner Concerts
- Waconia Teachers Hold ‘Camp for a Cause’
- 3 DIY Winter Home Improvement Projects
- NerdWallet Study Names Waconia as No. 2 City for Young Families in MN
This local update courtesy of your Waconia Community Expert.