Waconia Schools See Big Gains in Annual State Assessment Scores
The Minnesota Department of Education recently released data from the latest round of Minnesota Comprehensive Assessments (MCAs), and Waconia Public Schools ISD 110 saw some big gains.
According to the Sun Patriot, scores climbed across the board.
“Reading climbed from 70 percent proficient in 2016 to 75 percent proficient in 2017; science scores climbed from 62.9 percent to 65.2 percent; and math scores climbed from 63 percent to 78.4 percent,” the newspaper reported.
The scores were well above state averages, which came in at 53.9 percent, 58.6 percent, and 60.1 percent respectively in science, math, and reading.
“District 110 shows high levels of achievement across all tested grades and results are well above state averages,” Superintedent Pat Devine reportedly said. “As a district, we value practices that promote a sense of community for all learners.”
- Waconia to Get Jimmy John’s Sandwich Shop
- Waconia Unveils New Brand Just in Time for the New School Year
- Parkside Church Breaks Ground on Expansion
- Local 6-Year-Old Holds Cupcake Fundraiser for Haiti
- Waconia Businesses Named to Star Tribune’s ‘Top 150 Workplaces’ List
This local update courtesy of your Waconia Community Expert.