Waconia Rotary to Posthumously Honor Couple for Commitment to Community
A Waconia couple will be posthumously receive one of the highest honors the Waconia-West Carver Rotary can give.
According to the Sun Patriot, Paul and Sheila Steiner will each be honored with the Service Above Self Award by the Rotary on Jan. 21.
Together Paul and Sheila gave to and volunteered at many organizations including their church. In addition, Sheila also worked with the League of Women Voters, Minnesota International Center, the Southern Valley Alliance for Battered Women and the Waconia Friends of the Library, while Paul volunteered at Waconia Ridgeview Hospital and the Carver County Historical Society, and helped organize the Faith Rutz Lake Cemetery, the article said.
“Paul and Sheila Steiner are so deserving of this award,” Rotary member Chuck Dueber told the newspaper.
- Waconia Woman Performs at Country Music’s Historic Grand Ole Opry
- New Homeowner? HouseLogic Highlights 6 Must-Dos Before Moving In
- Three Waconia Seniors Sign Letters of Intent
- Groundbreaking Held for Carver County Veteran’s Memorial
- City Council Approves Waconia Crossings Development
This local update courtesy of your Waconia Community Expert.