Waconia Native Maxx Williams Drafted by Ravens
Waconia native Maxx Williams has been drafted into the NFL by the Baltimore Ravens.
According to the Sun Patriot, Williams was selected in the second round of the draft, which took place earlier this month.
“It was probably one of the best moments of my life,” Williams told the Sun Patriot.
Williams was an all-conference athlete three times while at Waconia, and was considered the top tight end player for the draft, the newspaper said. And he is not the first in his family to find success in football. His dad, Brian, played for the University of Minnesota and then with the New York Giants, and his grandfather was drafted by the Chicago Bears. His mother, Rochele, was also an athlete.
Williams said he is proud to be a Raven, and proud to come from Waconia.
- Council Approves Paddlecraft Storage for Cedar Point Park
- Restaurant Review: Lola’s Lakehouse in Waconia
- Taste of Minnesota to Return to Waconia in 2015
- Waconia Student Receives Service Academy Nomination
- City Council Approves Interlaken Woods 2nd Addition Plat
This local update courtesy of your Waconia Community Expert.