Waconia Middle Schoolers Raise Over $15K for Cancer Research
Students at Waconia’s Clearwater Middle School raised a total of $15,383 for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society’s Pennies for Patients.
According to the Sun Patriot, the total was the top amount raised in the tri-state area.
The school has been doing the fundraiser for seven years and started with an ambitious goal of $20,000. Each year they move a little closer to that goal, the paper reported. Last year $14,275 was raised.
- Taste of Minnesota Announces 2015 Musical Lineup
- Waconia Native Maxx Williams Drafted by Ravens
- Council Approves Paddlecraft Storage for Cedar Point Park
- Restaurant Review: Lola’s Lakehouse in Waconia
- Taste of Minnesota to Return to Waconia in 2015
This local update courtesy of your Waconia Community Expert.