Waconia Lions Club Veterans Trip to Conclude With Parade in City April 25
The Waconia Lions Club is holding the first ever Carver County Korean and Vietnam Memorial trip to Washington, D.C. for veterans of the wars on April 25, and upon the group’s return home, there will be a parade in their honor in Waconia.
According to the Chaska Herald, 28 Korean War and 111 Vietnam War veterans are participating in the memorial trip, which is free for the veterans, and includes airfare and transportation to Washington, D.C.; tours of veteran memorials and the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier in Arlington Cemetery; three meals and snacks; special programs in both Washington and Waconia; medical support staff; and gifts.
Upon the group’s return home, the city of Waconia is holding a parade for the veterans, which will begin at approximately 9:40 p.m. in downtown Waconia, the report said.
- Waconia Teacher a Finalist for Minnesota Teacher of the Year Award
- Two Waconia Teachers Named Semifinalists for State Teacher of the Year Award
- Two Waconia Wrestlers Win Individual State Titles
- Waconia’s Target to be Remodeled
- Local Couple Recreates European-Style Garden at Their Waconia Home
This local update courtesy of your Waconia Community Expert.