Waconia Lions Club Setting Up D.C. Trip for Korean, Vietnam Vets
The Waconia Lions Club is organizing a trip to Washington, D.C. next year for veterans of the wars in Korea and Vietnam.
According to the Chaska Herald, the trip will take place on April 25, 2018 and Korean and Vietnam war veterans who are current residents of Carver County, or were at the time of their service, are eligible for the trip.
The trip reportedly includes transportation to the airport, roundtrip flights to Washington, D.C., lunch and transportation to the Korea and Vietnam memorials and other monuments, memorial ceremony in Washington, and a welcome reception when the group arrives back in Waconia.
- Local Orchard Opens For Autumn Business
- Waconia Schools See Big Gains in Annual State Assessment Scores
- Waconia to Get Jimmy John’s Sandwich Shop
- Waconia Unveils New Brand Just in Time for the New School Year
- Parkside Church Breaks Ground on Expansion
This local update courtesy of your Waconia Community Expert.