Waconia House Rep. Jim Nash to Seek Re-Election
Minnesota House Rep. Jim Nash (R-Waconia) has announced that he’s seeking re-election this fall.
According to the Sun Patriot, if re-elected Nash would begin his second term in January 2017.
“I know that I work for the citizens of my district and will continue to build on relationships with the people of 47A that began in my first term. In 2015, I was able to pass several bills into laws, and I look forward to the 2016 session and beyond being able to continue to advance the interests of our people in St Paul,” Nash reportedly said in a statement. “In this session, I anticipate supporting initiatives like a historic tax reduction bill, a transportation funding proposal to dedicate $7 billion to statewide road and bridge needs without raising the gas tax and I am hoping we can create some good reforms of the Met Council for hard working Minnesotans.”
Nash owns the technology analyst firm DCIG. He lives in Waconia with his wife of 26 years and their six children, the newspaper said.
- Waconia’s Garrett Vos Takes State Wrestling Title
- Yetzer’s Celebrates 75 Years as Waconia Business
- Waconia’s Clearwater Clothing Gets a Makeover
- Former Waconia High Student Announces Candidacy for MN House
- Met Council Awards Carver County $1 Million for Coney Island Project
This local update courtesy of your Waconia Community Expert.