Waconia High School Grad to Intern at International Wolf Center in Ely
A 2012 Waconia High School graduate has landed an internationally coveted summer internship at the International Wolf Center in Ely.
According to the Sun Patriot, Shauntel Stahlke, who is now double majoring in wildlife biology and science education at Bemidji State University, is one of just six summer interns at the non-profit’s interpretative center in Ely, which houses seven ambassador wolves.
During her summer internship, Stahlke will have a key role in leading the day or overnight group tours at the International Wolf Center. In addition, several wolf biology camps and events will also be led by Stahlke and the rest of the interns, the article said.
Stahlke will work until mid-August, then prepare for another year of classwork.
- Longtime Waconia ECFE Educator Retires
- City Officials Break Ground on Waconia Crossings
- Waconia Golfers Win Conference Meet Against Hutchinson
- Waconia Boy’s Make-A-Wish Request for New Playground Equipment Granted
- Waconia Winery Goes Solar
This local update courtesy of your Waconia Community Expert.