Waconia Brewing Company to Open this Summer
Waconia will soon be home to its first brewery since the 1800s when Waconia Brewing Company opens its doors later this summer.
According to the Sun Patriot, Waconia residents and beer aficionados Pete and Dee DeLange and Bob and Kaye DeLange are the driving forces behind the brewery.
“Waconia has waited 100-plus years for a brewery to return and we’re happy to bring beer back to Waconia,” Dee DeLange told the newspaper.
The brewery is expected to open in August or September in the former L’il Explorers child care center at 255 W. Main St.
“Waconia Brewing Company will employ a 10 barrel brew house system and four 20 barrel fermenters in the brew house, which will take up approximately 2,800 square feet of the brewery,” the paper said. “The rest of the space will be devoted to the tap room, which will have seating capacity for 80 people.”
For more information on Waconia Brewing Company, go to waconiabrewing.com.
- Waconia Announces New Boys Hockey Coach
- Waconia Native to Receive John Gagliardi Award
- Marc Huebner Chosen to Participate in Food Network’s “America’s Best Cook”
- MDE Gives Waconia District School Finance Award
- Local School Starts New Academic Program – C-STEM
- Incomparable Luxury in Waconia with Community Experts