Two Waconia Wrestlers Win Individual State Titles
Two Waconia wrestlers have won individual state titles.
According to the Sun Patriot, Waconia senior Tyler Wagener, for the second year in a row, won the state title in his weight class. Joining him was junior Cade Mueller, who won the state title in a different weight class.
Wagener was 4-0 in his bracket, and winning each match by pin or major decision, the report said. Mueller, meanwhile, won by a 5-1 decision in the final match.
In addition, Waconia’s Tim Stapleton nearly took home a championship for the school in his class, but reportedly lost by just one point, taking second.
- Waconia’s Target to be Remodeled
- Local Couple Recreates European-Style Garden at Their Waconia Home
- Waconia Winery Takes Home Honors from California Competition
- 3 Waconia Educators Up for 2018 Minnesota Teacher of the Year Award
- Waconia High School Weight and Conditioning Room Draws Rave Reviews
This local update courtesy of your Waconia Community Expert.