Two Waconia Teachers Named Semifinalists for State Teacher of the Year Award
Two Waconia Public Schools teachers are among 43 semifinal candidates who still in the running for Education Minnesota’s 2018 Minnesota Teacher of the Year Award.
According to Education Minnesota’s release, those teachers are Southview Elementary School teacher Heather Anton and Waconia High School teacher Alyssa Larsen.
A selection panel of 23 community leaders chose the semifinalists from an initial field of 167 candidates from across the state, and the same panel will review the semifinalists’ portfolios again in late March and will select about 10 finalists from among the group, the report said.
The winner will be announced at an annual banquet on May 6 at the Radisson Blu at Mall of America in Bloomington, MN.
Education Minnesota, the statewide educators union, organizes and underwrites the Teacher of the Year program.
- Two Waconia Wrestlers Win Individual State Titles
- Waconia’s Target to be Remodeled
- Local Couple Recreates European-Style Garden at Their Waconia Home
- Waconia Winery Takes Home Honors from California Competition
- 3 Waconia Educators Up for 2018 Minnesota Teacher of the Year Award
This local update courtesy of your Waconia Community Expert.