Time for a Home Decor Change? Consider Embracing the ‘Colors of the Year’
If you’re planning on sprucing up your home this spring and need a little inspiration, why not embrace the “color of the year.”
What’s that all about?
Every year the Pantone Color Institute releases its pick for Color of the Year. This year, for the first time ever, the institute released a blended color: Rose Quartz and Serenity.
“As consumers seek mindfulness and well-being as an antidote to modern day stresses, welcoming colors that psychologically fulfill our yearning for reassurance and security are becoming more prominent,” a Pantone article stated. “The prevalent combination of Rose Quartz and Serenity also challenges traditional perceptions of color association.”
Who doesn’t want their home to be a tranquil, secure and serene retreat from everyday stresses?
From paint to throw pillows to sofa sets, check out the following articles for some decor ideas that are inspired by this year’s colors:
- 10 Rose Quartz & Serenity Home Decor Ideas in Honor of the 2016 Pantone Colors of the Year
- Pantone’s 2016 Color of the Year: Rose Quartz and Serenity
- 18 Ways to Style Your Life With the Pantone Colors of 2016
- Waconia’s Clearwater Clothing Gets a Makeover
- Former Waconia High Student Announces Candidacy for MN House
- Met Council Awards Carver County $1 Million for Coney Island Project
This local update courtesy of your Waconia Community Expert.