Parley Lake Winery Takes Home Awards from Iowa Competition
Waconia’s Parley Lake Winery had some major success at the Ninth Annual Mid-American Wine Competition at the Des Moines Area Community College campus in Ankeny, Iowa.
According to the Sun Patriot, the winery took home three gold medals and two bronze medals. Its Barn Quilt Red was also a finalist for the best dry red wine.
“That was kind of nice. Barn Quilt is probably our most popular wine in the winery,” Steve Zeller, wine maker and owner at Parley Lake Winery, told the Patriot. “We also won a gold medal with our Marquette. That’s the sixth gold medal we’ve won with our Marquette wines in the last five years, so our Marquette is our most awarded wine.”
The competition saw wine entries from all over the United States, including from 12 Midwest states.
- Waconia Volunteers Makes Sandwiches for Homeless
- Waconia Business Makes List of Fastest-Growing Companies in America
- Iron Tap: The Newest Addition to Waconia’s Growing Beer Scene
- Waconia Brewing’s WacTown Wheat Featured by Pioneer Press
- Waconia Middle Schoolers Raise Over $15K for Cancer Research
This local update courtesy of your Waconia Community Expert.