Parkside Church Breaks Ground on Expansion
Waconia’s Parkside Church is getting a major facelift and expansion.
According to the Sun Patriot, a ceremonial groundbreaking ceremony was held following the church’s regular Sunday service on July 9.
“We are so excited to see this finally happening after almost three years of hard work,” Randy Berg, the church’s lead pastor, said at the groundbreaking. “Parkside has been part of the Waconia community since 1970, and this is the most significant building project the church has ever undertaken.”
Among the renovations taking place, the lobby will be expanded, classrooms and restrooms will be remodeled, and the children’s area will get an upgraded security system.
According to the article, construction is slated to be finished in April 2018.
- Local 6-Year-Old Holds Cupcake Fundraiser for Haiti
- Waconia Businesses Named to Star Tribune’s ‘Top 150 Workplaces’ List
- Waconia Baseball Team Wins State Title, Finishes Season Undefeated
- Waconia High School Grad to Intern at International Wolf Center in Ely
- Longtime Waconia ECFE Educator Retires
This local update courtesy of your Waconia Community Expert.