Minnesota Ironman Bike Ride Eyes Move to Waconia
The Minnesota Ironman Bike Ride is looking to move to Waconia in 2017.
According to the Star Tribune, organizers of the event are looking to move the ride from Washington County to Waconia this year, in part because riders enjoy new routes.
This year’s route is tentatively planned to start at Waconia Senior High School and go around Lake Waconia and through Young America, Lester Prairie, Hollywood and Mayer, according to the article.
The Minnesota Ironman Bicycle Ride started in 1967 and features 15, 36 and 67-mile routes.
The Waconia City Council will reportedly vote on hosting the race at its Feb. 6 meeting.
- Waconia Man Honored by Eden Prairie Police For Helping Save a Life
- Waconia Woman Performs at Country Music’s Historic Grand Ole Opry
- New Homeowner? HouseLogic Highlights 6 Must-Dos Before Moving In
- Three Waconia Seniors Sign Letters of Intent
- Groundbreaking Held for Carver County Veteran’s Memorial
This local update courtesy of your Waconia Community Expert.