Middle Schoolers Create Mural Out of Rubik’s Cubes
About 10 Waconia Clearwater Middle School students recently spent hours on 600 Rubik’s cubes to create a design that read “Waconia Wildcats” and featured the mascot logo.
According to the Sun Patriot, the students–who were part of the PLP class–hands worked quickly to solve the cube in a way that would contribute to the overall design of the final piece.
While creating the artwork was the goal of the project, the students used engineering and math skills to get there. The students learned the history of the cube, how it was built and how it was sold, and then they learned tricks on how to solve it, the newspaper said.
The most impressive part? The students completed the project in about 2.5 hours.
- Restaurant Review: Egg-Cetera in Waconia
- Waconia Middle Schoolers Raise Over $15K for Cancer Research
- Taste of Minnesota Announces 2015 Musical Lineup
- Waconia Makes the Hasbro’s Next Edition of Monopoly
- Waconia Student Receives Service Academy Nomination
This local update courtesy of your Waconia Community Expert.