Local 6-Year-Old Holds Cupcake Fundraiser for Haiti
In order to raise money to fight malnutrition in Haiti, a local boy recently held a cupcake fundraiser at City Square Park.
According to the Sun Patriot, 6-year-old Amasiah Stangret wrote Mayor Jim Sanborn a touching letter several months ago about his desire to host the fundraiser.
“You get a letter like that and you have to respond – it’s just such a cool thing,” Sanborn told the newspaper about helping get the fundraiser going.
For Amasiah, the cause hits close to home. According to the article, he was adopted in 2016 from the country and weighed just 9 pounds. He chose cupcakes for the affair because they’re his favorite.
No word on how much money was raised at the June event.
- Waconia Businesses Named to Star Tribune’s ‘Top 150 Workplaces’ List
- Waconia Baseball Team Wins State Title, Finishes Season Undefeated
- Waconia High School Grad to Intern at International Wolf Center in Ely
- Longtime Waconia ECFE Educator Retires
- City Officials Break Ground on Waconia Crossings
This local update courtesy of your Waconia Community Expert.