Deardorff in Running for USA Today’s ‘Best Apple Orchard’ Title
Waconia’s Deardorff Orchard is one of 20 apple orchards around the nation that are in the running for USA Today’s “Best Apple Orchard” Readers Choice Award.
Here’s what the newspaper had to say about Deardorff:
“A family farm started in 1982, Deardorff Orchards offers the opportunity to pick 12 apple varieties, including McIntosh, Regent Fireside, Cortland, Honeycrisp and Sweet 16. Visitors can walk or be driven to the orchards on board a tractor wagon and children are provided little red wagons for transportation. A rustic Apple Barn – built in 1888 – is where you’ll find jams, baked goods, cider and honey. Friendly farm animals and a haystack for kids provide more entertainment.”
Voting ends Sept. 28. To vote, click here.
- Restaurant Review: Who’s on First in Waconia
- Parley Lake Winery Takes Home Awards from Iowa Competition
- Waconia Volunteers Makes Sandwiches for Homeless
- Iron Tap: The Newest Addition to Waconia’s Growing Beer Scene
- Waconia Middle Schoolers Raise Over $15K for Cancer Research
This local update courtesy of your Waconia Community Expert.