Council Approves Baseball Grandstand Project
Thanks to some serious fundraising efforts, Lions Field in Waconia will be getting a facelift.
According to the Sun Patriot, the city council just approved a grandstand project for the baseball field that will accommodate 450 spectators, while also adding a concession stand, ADA compliant bathrooms, and a new press box.
“Seating would include Metrodome seats, bleacher-style seating, and plaza patio areas,” the newspaper wrote.
The fundraising efforts were handled by the Waconia Baseball Association (WBA) and the Waconia Lions Club. The city agreed to support the project and fund a portion of it earlier in the summer, if the other funding was in place. The “Golf With A Purpose” event closed the gap, bringing in more than $64,000, the Sun Patriot reported.
Construction is expected to start in July 2015 and be finished by that October. For more information on the project, go to waconiabaseball.com.
- Waconia Family Recognized as Honorary Caregivers at Relay for Life Event
- Community Spotlight: Waconia’s Safari Island Community Center
- Waconia Chef, on Food Network Show Experience
- Waconia Manufacturing Opens Facility in NYA
- New Art Collaborative Opens in Waconia
This local update courtesy of your Waconia Community Expert.