3 Waconia Teachers Named Candidates for 2017 Minnesota Teacher of the Year
Three Waconia teachers are among the 132 candidates for the 2017 Minnesota Teacher of the Year award.
According to Education Minnesota, Waconia High School teachers John Pohland and Leslie Kurtz, and Clear Water Middle School teacher Cindy Shook are all up for the honor.
Education Minnesota, the state’s teacher’s association, announced the candidates for the honor on Jan 26. The candidates include pre-kindergarten through 12th-grade and Adult Basic Education teachers, from public or private schools from around the state.
Over the coming weeks, a 25-member panel of Minnesota education leaders will name a group of semifinalists and then finalists, with the winner being announced Sunday, May 7.
- Minnesota Ironman Bike Ride Eyes Move to Waconia
- Waconia Man Honored by Eden Prairie Police For Helping Save a Life
- Waconia Woman Performs at Country Music’s Historic Grand Ole Opry
- New Homeowner? HouseLogic Highlights 6 Must-Dos Before Moving In
- Three Waconia Seniors Sign Letters of Intent
This local update courtesy of your Waconia Community Expert.