Stillwater Student Wins Drake University Physics Prize Test
A Stillwater Area High School sophomore recently won the Drake University Physics Prize Test.
According to the Stillwater Gazette, Ian Ruh won rigorous, two-hour test, which is given to high school students in Minnesota, South Dakota, North Dakota and Nebraska.
As the winner, Ruh was offered a $140,000 four-year, full-tuition scholarship to attend the Iowa school, the report said.
The university has been offering the Physics Prize since 1970 to encourage interest in physics and physical science, and give recognition to outstanding high school students.
- Stillwater Ranks No. 11 on ‘Best High Schools’ in Minnesota List
- Three Stillwater Graduates to be Honored as 2017 Distinguished Alumni
- New Senior Housing Plan to be Pitched to Stillwater City Council
- Stillwater’s Teddy Bear Park to Open for the Season Soon
- Stillwater Sells Old Building to New Heights Charter School Partner
This local update courtesy of your Stillwater Community Expert.