New St. Croix Bridge Will Also Be Home to New Boat Launch
Minnesota will have another St. Croix River boat access once the new bridge is complete.
According to the Stillwater Gazette, the Minnesota DNR is planning to build a boat launch
At the base of the to-be-completed St. Croix River Crossing bridge in Stillwater.
Kent Skaar, a senior project manager with the Minnesota DNR, told the newspaper there aren’t a lot of places to build a boat launch in the St. Croix Valley, so he’s happy for the opportunity.
Plans include a double ramp angled downstream, a decontamination station for removing weeds and invasive species, and 35 boat trailer parking spaces, the article said.
Construction isn’t expected to start until 2019, with a potential opening in the fall of 2019 or spring of 2020.
- Five Stillwater Students Earn Art, Writing Awards
- Mountain Bike Trail Proposed for Unused Property in Stillwater
- Major Intersection in Stillwater to get $2.4 Million Facelift
- Stillwater Police Hires 3 New Officers, Promotes First Female Supervisor
- 4 Stillwater Educators Up for 2017 Minnesota Teacher of the Year
This local update courtesy of your Stillwater Community Expert.