New County Sheriff Takes Oath of Office
Washington County officially has a new sheriff.
According to the Stillwater Gazette, Dan Starry was sworn in as the next Washington County Sheriff May 2 during a ceremony at the county government center in Stillwater.
Starry succeeds Sheriff Bill Hutton, who retired from the office April 30. Starry’s term will run through Jan. 7, 2019, the article said.
The County Board appointed Starry to the Sheriff’s Office in March, and Starry has worked in law enforcement in Washington County since 1993 in numerous capacities in the Sheriff’s Office.
- Stillwater Student Wins Drake University Physics Prize Test
- Stillwater Ranks No. 11 on ‘Best High Schools’ in Minnesota List
- Three Stillwater Graduates to be Honored as 2017 Distinguished Alumni
- New Senior Housing Plan to be Pitched to Stillwater City Council
- Stillwater’s Teddy Bear Park to Open for the Season Soon
This local update courtesy of your Stillwater Community Expert.