New Anthem Youth Council Will Decide Activities
A new Anthem Youth Advisory Council (ACC) allows young people from ages 12 to 18 to form their own 13-member advisory board. The Community Council has started accepting applications for membership. Approved at their June board meeting, the council’s goal is to help teens find positive activities.
“Anthem has a great deal of activities for kids under 12, but when they enter those more difficult years, many of them talk about the lack of things to do in Anthem,” Robert Linder, ACC Board member said on their website. “This is one positive outlet where they can have a voice.”
Through their service on the Anthem Youth Advisory Council, according to the ACC, students will:
- Learn how local government works and how community services are provided
- Raise awareness about the ACC, its mission and proposals among Anthem youth
- Share ideas about youth issues, needs and suggest community enhancements
- Develop, operate and market an Anthem Youth Mentoring program
- Develop leadership and operational skills and contribute to the future development and enhancement of Anthem.
Interested in applying? Students must complete an application and provide two letters of recommendation. Get more information at www.onlineatanthem.com. Deadline is Sept. 8 at 5 p.m.