Clean Community of Parker
Parker Colorado is a proud community that take great pride in maintaining it’s clean and well groomed landscape. Who wants to look at litter-filled streets, parks and trails? Are you aware that litter is more than ugly – it’s actually harmful to our Town? You can help keep Parker clean and leave it a better place than you found it!
Adopt-a-Street/Open Space/Trail Program
Volunteer groups can sign up to adopt a street, open space or trail and periodically pick up the trash in that area. Groups are asked to pick up trash in their adoption area at least once a month April through September and once every two months October through March. The Public Works Department provides participants with orange trash bags for debris removal and will collect full trash bags the next working day. Following the completion of the third trash pick-up, a recognition sign that lists the organization or individual that adopted the area will be posted in each designated location.
Facts about the adverse effects of litter:
• Cigarette litter poses fire hazards – Colorado is experiencing drought conditions, drivers who litter with cigarette butts put both Parker and the state at risk for wildfires.
• Litter can wind up in the Town’s storm drains, resulting in polluted creeks and streams in our community.
• Litter creates ugliness in public areas and negatively impacts real estate values.
• Ingesting litter can cause injury or death to numerous pets and wildlife.
• Litter removal costs everyone who pays taxes.
• Broken glass and other sharp objects can be dangerous to residents, pets and wildlife.
What can you do to help?
• Make sure your trash is securely placed in the proper receptacle. This includes securing paper and other items so they don’t blow out of your vehicle and sealing garbage containers.
• Recycle! Most litter is recyclable.
• When you see litter, pick it up and throw it away. Set an example for your family and friends.
• Keep a bag in your car for trash.
• Take garbage with you when leaving a park or other public space.
• Don’t throw cigarette butts out of car windows or throw them on the ground.
The Town of Parker is a beautiful place to live, and it takes a little help from everyone to maintain it’s beauty. Please take responsibility for your own trash and set a good example for your family, friends and neighbors. If you would like to go above and beyond and Adopt-a-Street/Open Space/Trail, contact Public Works at 303.840.9546.