Xavier’s Lanier Named Gatorade Volleyball Player of the Year
The Gatorade Company has named Xavier College Preparatory senior Khalia Lanier as the 2015-16 Gatorade National Volleyball Player of the Year.
According to the Paradise Valley Independent, the award distinguishes Lanier as the nation’s best player in the sport. More than 430,000 young women play the sport across the country. The award also recognizes Lanier’s academic achievements and her character.
Lanier was surprised with the award by Olympic sand volleyball silver medalist April Ross last week, the newspaper said.
- Paradise Valley Swimmer Wins State Championship
- Paradise Valley Police to Open Substation at Cherokee Elementary
- Christ Church School Students Raise Money for Kids Cancer Research
- Xavier’s Kristiann Ferreira Earns Student of the Year Award
- Paradise Valley Students Receive Creativity Awards
This local update courtesy of your Paradise Valley Community Expert.