Salvation Army Collecting School Supplies for Local Students in Need
While the start of the school year is still weeks away, The Salvation Army is partnering with several local businesses now to collect supplies for its Backpack Support Our Students (SOS) program.
According to the Phoenix chapter of the organization, many local moms and dads worry about being able to get their students the supplies they need to start the school year. And The Salvation Army aims to help ease the worry and ensure the kids are prepared.
In the Phoenix area, The Salvation Army has teamed up with Fry’s Food, FOX 10 Phoenix, Bank of Arizona, 99.9 KEZ, My 45, and American Express to collect supplies through July 28. Some needed items include:
- Colored pencils
- Glue Sticks
- Spiral Notebooks
Donations can be dropped off at any Fry’s Food Store in Arizona, as well as any Bank of Arizona location in the Phoenix metro area. For more information, click here.
- Historic Paradise Valley Home Recognized With Preservation Award
- Phoenix Country Day Middle School Debate Coach Wins National Award
- Paradise Valley Woman Appointed to Ballet Arizona Board
- Paradise Valley Women’s Association Recognizes Local Nonprofit Fighting Hunger
- Local Student Signs Letter of Intent to Dive at Ivy League University
This local update courtesy of your Paradise Valley Community Expert.