Phoenix Country Day School Donates Record Amount of Food to St. Mary’s Food Bank
Students at Phoenix Country Day School helped donate a record number of turkeys to St. Mary’s Food Bank this year during its annual turkey drive.
According to the Paradise Valley Independent, middle school students at Paradise Valley-based Phoenix Country Day School donated 631 turkeys to food bank in the run up to Thanksgiving.
Middle School Head Ben Sullivan offered an incentive to students if they surpassed last year’s 626 turkeys raised by offering to cancel classes for a fun afternoon of dodge-ball and games, the report said.
In addition to the turkey drive, the school will send its entire seventh grade to St. Mary’s Food Bank to volunteer in December before they break for winter holidays. They’ll also do additional volunteer events with St. Mary’s in the spring.
- Sanctuary Resort Wins Two Stella Awards
- Recently Sold Paradise Valley Mansion Described as ‘Desert Oasis’
- Plans New Residential Community in Paradise Valley Move Forward
- HFF Closes Financing for Next Stage of Ritz-Carlton Development
- 13th Annual Veterans’ Appreciation Vintage Car Show Set for Nov. 11
This local update courtesy of your Paradise Valley Community Expert.