Paradise Valley Vet Elected as Purple Heart National Commander
Paradise Valley resident Robert J. Puskar has been elected as the National Commader of the Military Order of the Purple Heart.
According to the Paradise Valley Independent, Puskar was elected at the organization’s recent convention in Las Vegas.
Puskar served as a captain in Vietnam from 1967-68 and was wounded during a rocket attack on March 25, 1968. He joined the Military Order of the Purple Heart in 2000, which was formed in 1932 for the protection and mutual interest of all combat wounded veterans and active service members with the decoration, the newspaper said.
Read more about Puskar and the organization here.
- Paradise Valley Seeks Volunteers for City Committees
- Paradise Valley Teens Win AZ Code Challenge
- Paradise Valley Couple Bringing New Flavor to Wine Scene
- Paradise Valley Makes List for Best Commuter Cities in AZ
- Town of Paradise Valley Implements New Meeting Software
This local update courtesy of your Paradise Valley Community Expert.