Paradise Valley Town Council Appoints Mary Hamway
The Paradise Valley Town Council recently appointed former Vice Mayor Mary Hamway to fill a vacant seat left by the departure of Dan Schweiker.
According to an arizona.newszap.com article, Paradise Valley Councilwoman Lisa Trueblood made the nomination at town council’s Oct. 9 regular meeting. The measure passed 4 to 1.
Schweiker resigned from his seat effective July 3, and since his resignation took place after April 28 a special election wasn’t needed, the article said. Hamway will serve the rest of Schweiker’s term through January 2016.
“I am very honored that they thought enough of me and have the confidence in me to bring me back to the council,” Hamway told the news organization. “I am very appreciative that I have made the relationships [and] that they think I would be a good appointment.”
- Paradise Valley Gives Kids a Science Lesson Using Ice Cream
- Paradise Valley Native Wins Miss India America
- Report: Paradise Valley is Arizona’s Most Affluent City
- Paradise Valley Makes Security Company’s ‘Safest Cities’ in AZ List
- Pitching Legend Randy Johnson Lists Paradise Valley Home
This local update courtesy of your Paradise Valley Community Expert.