Paradise Valley Student Wins Phoenix National Charity League Grant Proposal
A 17-year-old Xavier College Preparatory student has won the Phoenix National Charity League grant proposal contest.
According to the Paradise Valley Independent, Paradise Valley resident Abbie Arnold won the grant writing contest, and as a result, the program she advocated for will receive a $1,000 grant.
Arnold chose to write a grant proposal to support her favorite charity, St. Vincent de Paul. She volunteered for the non-profit’s Dream Center program where low-income students are tutored and receive homework help during the free evening meal service, the article said.
It was that program that Arnold wrote the grant proposal for.
- Mountain Shadows Resort Has Officially Reopened
- Paradise Valley Artist Featured in Upcoming PBS Documentary
- Paradise Valley Town Council Appoints Former Councilman to Fill Vacancy
- Spa Renovations Set for Sanctuary on Camelback Mountain Resort
- Paradise Valley Development Dubbed National ‘Development of the Year’
This local update courtesy of your Paradise Valley Community Expert.