Paradise Valley Schools Earn Financial Reporting Award
The Paradise Valley Unified School District has received an award for its comprehensive annual financial report.
According to the Town of Paradise Valley Independent, the school district received the Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting (CAFR) by the Government Finance Officers Association of the United States and Canada. The district won the award for its comprehensive annual financial report.
The award is the highest recognition a government or municipality can earn for accounting and financial reporting, according to the story, and is a significant accomplishment—one that Paradise Valley schools has received every year since 1989.
An impartial panel judges the merits of Paradise Valley’s financial report, and looked for standards, which included “a constructive ‘spirit of disclosure’ to clearly communicate its financial story,” according to the story.
- 4 Arizona Companies Make Fortune 500 List
- All Saints’ Episcopal Day School Earns Recognition for its Work Combating Hunger
- LON’s to Open Wine Cellar for Summer Dinning
- Xavier Makes Washington Post’s Most Challenging High Schools List
- Explorer Middle School Student to Compete in National Geographic Bee
This local update courtesy of your Paradise Valley Community Expert.