Paradise Valley Participates in U.S. Army Recruit Ceremony
Paradise Valley recently participated in a special ceremony honoring local high school graduates who have chosen to enter into the United States Army.
According to the Paradise Valley Independent, the May 20 event was sponsored by the Army’s Paradise Valley, Anthem, Black Canyon, Prescott and Flagstaff recruiting centers, and recognized 104 future soldiers—38 of which were from the Paradise Valley area.
Paradise Valley councilmember Julie Pace represented the city at the event, congratulating each recruit and placing a special Army stole on each recruit from the Paradise Valley recruitment center, the article said.
At the event, which was held on Armed Forces Day, each recruit received a certificate of appreciation and other tokens of appreciation.
- Local Student Signs Letter of Intent to Dive at Ivy League University
- Xavier College Preparatory Students and Staff Honored
- Shea Homes Opens Sales Gallery for Azure Development in Paradise Valley
- Paradise Valley Makes Niche’s ‘Best Places to Live’ List
- Paradise Valley Woman Earns Peggy Goldwater Philanthropy Award
This local update courtesy of your Paradise Valley Community Expert.