Paradise Valley Joins ‘Speak Up, Stand Up, Save a Life Month’
Paradise Valley announced that January will be “Speak Up, Stand Up, Save a Life Month” in the city.
According to the Paradise Valley Independent, the movement seeks to inspire youth to tell a trusted adult when they hear or see indications of bullying, cyber-bullying, drug addiction, depression and other ongoing threats.
Paradise Valley Mayor Michael Collins signed a proclamation declaring the special month and also asked residents to join him in encouraging the youth to take action when they see peers are in need.
According to the report, the proclamation says: “Our youth need to be empowered to report concerning posts or comments to law enforcement or school representatives, and to help spread the message that it is okay to care enough to speak up, stand up and save a life.”
- Paradise Valley Woman Earns ‘Spirit of Philanthropy Award’
- Paradise Valley Accepting Applications for Committee Vacancies
- Paradise Valley Mansion is Most Expensive Home Sale in Arizona History
- Paradise Valley Football Player Commits to NAU
- Paradise Valley Community Members Scale Building for Special Olympics
This local update courtesy of your Paradise Valley Community Expert.