Paradise Valley Gives Kids a Science Lesson Using Ice Cream
All first grade students in Paradise Valley Unified School District started off October sweetly.
According to AZCentral, about 2,000 students are learning scientific concepts through making ice cream. The program will last four weeks and takes kids through all the steps—and all the science—behind the sweet treat from the cow to the cone.
The program, which was piloted last year as an after-school class, includes a mix of hands-on classroom lessons, and live video communication with farmers and ice cream-making experts.
- Paradise Valley Native Wins Miss India America
- Report: Paradise Valley is Arizona’s Most Affluent City
- Paradise Valley Makes Security Company’s ‘Safest Cities’ in AZ List
- Pitching Legend Randy Johnson Lists Paradise Valley Home
- Inexpensive, Easy Ways to Upgrade Your Space
This local update courtesy of your Paradise Valley Community Expert.