Paradise Valley Community Members Scale Building for Special Olympics
Twelve Paradise Valley community members recently scaled down the side of a 27-story office building in support of Arizona’s 16,000 Special Olympics athletes.
According to the Paradise Valley Independent, community members gathered Saturday, Dec. 9 to rappel down the 385-foot CityScape building in downtown Phoenix to raise money for local Special Olympics athletes.
The mix of community members included a former mayor, police officers, and a school teacher.
“I believe in the Special Olympics Arizona program,” Police Chief Peter Wingert told the publication.“This is a great organization where over 95 percent of the funds raised go right back into the programs for the Special Olympic athletes.”
- Annual Veterans’ Car Show Raises $10K for Local Nonprofits
- Sanctuary Resort Wins Two Stella Awards
- Recently Sold Paradise Valley Mansion Described as ‘Desert Oasis’
- Plans New Residential Community in Paradise Valley Move Forward
- HFF Closes Financing for Next Stage of Ritz-Carlton Development
This local update courtesy of your Paradise Valley Community Expert.