Paradise Valley-Based School Wins Team, Individual Titles at Speech and Debate National Championships
Phoenix Country Day School’s (PCDS) middle and upper school speech and debate teams recently earned some national titles.
According to the Paradise Valley Independent, the PCDS teams competed last month in the national championships of the National Speech and Debate Association’s National Forensic League in Salt Lake City, Utah. While there, the middle school team won the national championship, and three upper school students were national finalists.
According to the story, eighth graders Bennett Montrose and Olivia Boscardin and multiple individual national runners-up and top-twelve finishers lead the PCDS middle school team to the national title. Meanwhile, Jason Greenfield, Jillian Gilburne and Olivia Najafi were national finalists for the upper school, according to the story.
The PCDS is located in Paradise Valley.
- 4 Arizona Companies Make Fortune 500 List
- All Saints’ Episcopal Day School Earns Recognition for its Work Combating Hunger
- LON’s to Open Wine Cellar for Summer Dinning
- Xavier Makes Washington Post’s Most Challenging High Schools List
- Explorer Middle School Student to Compete in National Geographic Bee
This local update courtesy of your Paradise Valley Community Expert.